NCIP Officials, and Staffs conducted inter-agency visitations and consultations in Brgy Carol-an, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental, which was hosted by the Bukidnon Karulano ICs/IPs. This was attended by 208 IPs of Kabankalan City, Himamaylan City, Municipality of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, and the Municipality of Ayungon in Negros Oriental.
The highlight of this activity was the oathtaking of 12 Barangay IPMRs before the NCIP Chairperson. Mayor Pedro P. Zayco, Jr. also participated in this activity and committed to allocate funds for the concreting of 800 meters of the remaining rough road from the main highway to their community.
The following Burning Issues were presented and discussed in the presence of National Government Agencies’ (NGAs) representatives:
1. Illegal /transaction of lands inside Ads
2. Land grabbing in the inside Ads
3. NCIP and DENR Overlapping Surveys
4. Slow CADT awarding
5. No ADSDPP/Need of ADSDPP Enhancement/Update
6. Non-observance of FPIC process by other NGAs, POs LGUs, other stakeholders
7. Illegal logging activities within Ads
8. Leadership and Management Conflict within the Ads
9. Peace and other concern within the Ads/Presence of Armed Individuals in the Ads
10. Lack of control and Management of Ads
11. Lack of Access to Basic and Social Services in the ADs (Far to Market Roads, Schools, Health Facilities, Electricity, Water System, Etc.)