Guihulngan Community Service Center in coordination with the NCIP Central Office, NCIP Regional Office 6/7 and NTF ELCAC Secretariat held an Inter-Agency Visitation and Consultation of ICCs / IPs in the Province of Negros Oriental at the Ancestral Domain of the Ata ICC in Barangay Canggohob, Mabinay Negros Oriental.
The said undertaking was attended by the IPMRs in the Municipalities of Mabinay and Basay; Ata ICC of Barangays Canggohob, Lamdas, Mayaposi, Mabinay and Barangay Sab-ahan, Bais City; Bukidnon ICC of Barangay Sab-ahan, Bais City; Bukidnon-Magahat ICCs of Barangays Cabatuanan, Maglinao-Bongalonan, and Maglinao-Linantayan; and Government & Non-Government Agencies/Organizations such as the AFP, PNP, DENR, DICT, CDA, PSA, DA, NORSU, DepEd, Pagbag-o Inc., and
Officials from the NCIP Regional Office 6/7 headed by the Regional Director Agosto B. Maglunsod and the Commissioner of Island Groups and Rest of Visayas, Commissioner Jeorge M. Largado. The guest of honor and speaker of the event is Secretary Allen A. Capuyan, Chairperson of NCIP and Executive Director of NTF ELCAC.
Highlights of the undertaking were the following:
- Awarding of Certificate of Recognition of Ancestral Domain of the Ata ICC of Barangays Canggohob, Lamdas, and Mayaposi, Mabinay and Barangay Sab-ahan, Bais City
- Turn-Over of the Coffee Table Books Volumes 1-3 and NCIP Annual Accomplishment Report to the ICCs/IPs in Negros Oriental
- Symbolic signing of Pledge of Commitment by the Stakeholders and ICCs/IPs;
- Presentation of Burning Issues of the Ata, Bukidnon and Bukidnon-Magahat ICCs/IPs and Responses/Ways Forward of the concerned Government Agencies
- Presentation of 11 Building Blocks of the Ata, Bukidnon, and Bukidnon-Magahat ICCs/IPs.
Visit and follow the NCIP Facebook page and our Regional, Provincial, and Community Service Center Facebook pages for more updates on the Commission’s Programs/Activities/Projects for the Indigenous Cultural Communities/Indigenous Peoples!